ACWW funds more than 900 projects around the world
ACWW's Water for All Fund -This fund is used for water, sanitation and hygiene projects.
ACWW's Women Feed the World Fund -This fund is used for projects that promote progressive farming techniques and upgrading of women’s skills in agriculture-based activities.
ACWW's Projects Fund – This fund is used for projects which do not fit into the funding criteria of the other projects funds, such as education, literacy, and income generation.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you think your proposed project meets our criteria, please download the new application form below, fill it in and send it back to us. You may send it digitally by email, or by post (for contact details check the ‘contact us’ section on the website). To download a Word version of the form, please click on the link below. You should then save this on your computer before you start to complete it.
Write the application in your own words, answering all the questions on the Application Form.
In order to apply for funds, you must send us:
- the Application Form properly filled in
- a copy of a valid registration certificate for your organisation
- an itemised budget
ACWW receives far more applications than we are able to fund and therefore many of the applications received have to be rejected.
Applications will be shortlisted. If you application is shortlisted, we will contact your referees. Referees should be ministers of religion, district officials, bankers, lawyers or persons of similar standing (and who know your organisation ‘on the ground’), or persons from other organisations from which you have received funding – one from each different category is recommended. Not acceptable: Your organisation’s members, your relatives and people from other NGO’s unless they are funding organisations. In order to process your application, we need to receive a reference letter from each of your two referees. Therefore, please provide full postal and email address details and make sure your referees are advised and are ready to reply to our correspondence.
An application is ‘completed’ when we have received: the Application Form properly filled in, the registration certificate, the detailed budget and two reference letters. Only completed applications can be considered by the Committee. Incompleted applications will be rejected.
Processing an application and approving a grant usually takes around ten months.
Successful applicants will receive 75% of the funding granted after the signing of a contract with ACWW. The remaining 25% will only be released by ACWW after ACWW Central Office is in receipt of satisfactory progress reports, interim audited accounts, expenditure and monitoring, if the project has been selected for monitoring by ACWW. If your organisation does not have audited accounts as a matter of course, make sure you include the Audited Accounts costs in your budget, as these will be requested.
Who can apply:
ACWW supports projects which:
- ACWW only funds projects which take place in the same country where the organisation is registered and directly benefit women and children in those countries.
- ACWW does not fund NGOs/SHGs which are not registered or have been registered for less than two years.
- ACWW does not fund individuals.
- Existing Grant Holders cannot re-apply until a satisfactory Final Report and audited accounts have been submitted.
ACWW does not support:
- Meet one or more of the following criteria: literacy, health education, nutrition and home economics, agricultural training and development, income generating activities, water and sanitation, civic consciousness / community involvement
- Directly involve women in decision-making (run mainly by women)
- Directly benefit women and/or children
- Emergency relief work
- Individuals, except for a very limited number of scholarships for our own members
- Motor vehicles
- Items of large mechanical equipment
- The purchase of land
- Capital infrastructure projects
Deadlines for non-member societies: Applications must be submitted in June 2013
Non-member organisations should submit applications in June 2013. These will, if selected, be considered at the March 2014 meeting. Please note that previous ACWW application forms will not be accepted.
Deadlines for member societies: Ongoing
Member organisations are welcome to apply throughout the year and there is no deadline. Be advised however that all applications must be ‘completed’ (application form and supporting documentation received) by the end of June to be considered for the August 2013 meeting agenda.
Download ACWW Project Application form